Avoncroft’s main collection is the 25 historic buildings and structures, collected since the rescue in 1962 of the mid-15th century Merchant’s House. The Museum holds other historic collections which include:
- Period furnishings and tools used within the historic buildings
- Agricultural tools, vehicles and machinery
- Architectural fragments and fittings, including reference collections of historic bricks and roofing materials
- Domestic artefacts and clothing
- A small number of architectural models
- An archive relating to the Museum and other open-air museums and a library of reference material
- Photographic collections of the work of the Museum
The small objects and archives collection are not currently on display, but specific items can be viewed by appointment.
The Museum is working towards publishing a searchable catalogue of the small objects collections.