Counting House, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

This counting house was part of the new Bromsgrove Cattle Market, which opened in 1853. Its peak was during the 1930s when hundreds of cattle, sheep and pigs were sold daily.

The octagonal shape of the building allowed good views across the market and farmers came the the counting house to settle their bills or receive payment for the livestock. The last market took place in 1972.