Avoncroft Museum offers a wide range of teaching sessions, the periods covered are the Tudors, the Victorians and the 1940s. Hands on sessions are based on construction, design, technology, science and nature. We aim to support the development of individual enquiry, communication and learning.
Our sessions are regularly reviewed in the light of feedback from visiting teachers and all sessions support the National Curriculum. Download our Education Brochure for more information
- All our activities are fully risk assessed. You can download our general risk assessment below, for a copy of activity risk assessments contact the Museum on 01527 831363.
- Your booking includes a free planning visit for two adults.
- Sessions can be adapted to your group’s age and individual needs.
- Staff and volunteers on site are DBS checked.
Booking your visit
We aim to make bringing your group on a school trip to the Museum as easy as possible:
- Choose the teaching sessions or other activities you wish to book.
- Choose a suitable date for your visit, with alternatives in case your first choice is not available.
- Decide how many children, teachers and other adults will be coming. Special needs assistants who provide one-to-one pupil support are admitted free of charge.
- School groups can pre-order gift bags of popular Museum-branded pocket money items, ask for more information when you call.
- Call Avoncroft Museum on 01527 831363 / 831886 to make a provisional booking – provisional bookings are held for 48 hours. Please let us know the age of your group, the subject they are studying and if they have any special requirements.
- We will send you a school visit pack, including a booking form and an invoice for your visit. Payment is required in advance of your arrival, not on the day.
- If you would like to book a free pre-visit for two adults please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Return the completed booking form to confirm your visit.